Bridges to New LifeHelping Those Affected By Our Justice System
More than 75% of those who go to prison will return within 5 years.
Watch this short video to learn more.
Sign up to get our newsletter
We publish a 4 – 6 page newsletter three times per year which can be mailed or emailed to you at no charge if you simply ask.
We aim to provide assistance without creating dependence.
- Maintain regular involvement with inmates at the Kamloops prison through personal visits and chapel services.
- Bi-annual visits to 10 lower mainland prisons for (Spring & Fall) Information Fairs.
- Pen pal correspondence with offenders serving time in BC’s lower mainland.
- Assist victim and offender families who are usually struggling financially, emotionally and spiritually.
- Connect with interested parties to facilitate individual discharge planning.
- Work with appropriate agencies and individuals to pre-arrange a support network for special needs cases.
- Food, Clothing and Shelter
- Second Stage Transitional Housing
- Support Groups for Addictions
- Individual Accountability / One to One Mentoring
- Community Social Events
- Obtaining Identification & dealing with bureaucracy
- Employment and Education
- Weekly Drop In Offices
- Halfway House Visits
- Spiritual Growth—connecting with the church community